Kitchen Equipment and Tools
Taproot is available for personal, non profit, and commercial food processing. We offer a fully outfitted kitchen with dishwashing sinks, vegetable and meat prep sinks, and refrigerator and freezer capacity.
Processing equipment includes:
- Commercial Food Dehydrator 20 racks (52 square feet of drying rack. Enough for about 70 pounds of fruit.
- Robot Coupe MP550 Turbo 21″ Immersion Blender
- Robot Coupe CL50 Continuous Feed Food Processor
- Vitamix Blender
- Six-gallon Steam Jacketed Kettle
- Six-gallon Tilting Blender
- Induction Burners
- Carnival King Double Crepe Maker
- Pasta Maker, Manual Stainless Steel
- pH Tester
- Electrolux VP2 ‘Greens Machine’ 20 Gallon Vegetable Dryer
- Outdoor Range
- Commercial Fruit Wedger/Corer
- Manual fruit-processing tools — mandoline slicers and old school hand-crank peeler/corer/slicer
- Kitchen tools, prep tables, and other common implements are available for your use
- Refrigerated, frozen and dry storage are also available
No range or oven at this time. This will be our next fundraising project.
Use of the kitchen costs $14 per hour.
Taproot Kitchen is a non-profit that strives to be self-sufficient while serving the community. Our primary purpose is to help you process food. Kitchen use fees are an important way to cover operating expenses, allowing us to keep the doors open and the lights on. At the same time, we understand that some members of the community may find the cost of using the kitchen prohibitive. We are glad to consider a sliding scale or alternate arrangements. Please do not let a lack of funds deter you from using the facility. We will work with you!
Contact us to discuss your specific needs and pricing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dehydrator run = $30 per use
This includes prep time, running time of the dehydrator (14-16 hours, generally) and clean up. A free tutorial on dehydrator use is required. Complimentary advice on specific fruits and dehydration strategies is also available. A fully loaded dehydrator usually accommodates about 70 pounds of fruit, about two boxes. The quantity varies according to the type of fruit and how the dehydrator is loaded. Equipment on site includes mandolines, Robot Coupe processor, and large wedger/corer.
- 4’ shelf: $12/month
- 5’ shelf: $15/month
- $3/month for any box/crate up to 1 bushel (8 gallons, 1.25 cubic ft) in size
- $4/month for any box/crate larger than 1 bushel (8 gallons, 1.25 cubic ft) in size
- Minimum charge of of $2/month to use Coolbot regardless of box size/length of time
- 4’ shelf: $4/month
- 5’ shelf: $5/month