Kitchen Tools and Pricing
Taproot is available for personal, non profit, and commercial food processing. We offer a fully outfitted kitchen with dishwashing sinks, vegetable and meat prep sinks, and refrigerator and freezer capacity.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 468-4372 to schedule your visit!
Processing equipment includes:
- 20 rack commercial food dehydrator (52 square feet of drying rack. Enough for about 70 pounds of fruit.
- Six-gallon tilting blender
- 21” Robot Coupe commercial immersion blender
- 14” hand-held immersion blender
- Two quart tabletop blender
- Six-gallon steam jacketed kettle
- Commercial fruit wedger/corer
- Manual fruit-processing tools, such as mandolines and old school hand-crank peeler/corer/slicer
- Robot Coupe commercial food processor
- Single induction burner with appropriate cookware
- Kitchen tools, prep tables, and other common implements are available for your use and included in pricing below.
- Refrigerated and frozen storage are also possible
No range or oven at this time. This will be our next fundraising project.
Taproot Kitchen is a non-profit that strives to be self-sufficient while serving the community. Our primary purpose is to help you process food. Kitchen use fees are an important way to cover operating expenses, allowing us to keep the doors open and the lights on. At the same time, we understand that some members of the community may find the cost of using the kitchen prohibitive. We are glad to consider a sliding scale or alternate arrangements. Please do not let a lack of funds deter you from using the facility. We will work with you.
Contact us to discuss your specific needs and pricing: email@example.com
Hourly, daily and monthly kitchen use – Rate variable. Contact Taproot to discuss your needs)
This covers full use of kitchen facilities (no range currently available) including steam jacketed kettle for sauces as well as processing equipment listed above.
Food Safety and Facility Use Training = $40
All Taproot users are required to attend a one-time introductory training on food safety and facility use. The course is taught by a certified food safety specialist.
Dehydrator run = $30 per use (no limit on personnel)
This includes prep time, running time of the dehydrator (14-16 hours, generally) and clean up. A free tutorial on dehydrator use is required. Complimentary advice on specific fruits and dehydration strategies is also available. A fully loaded dehydrator usually accommodates about 70 pounds of fruit, about two boxes. The quantity varies according to the type of fruit and how the dehydrator is loaded. Equipment on site includes mandolines, Robot Coupe processor, and large wedger/corer.
Annual Membership = $75
A great value, Annual members get their initial Food Safety and Facility Use Training waived. They also get 10% off all hourly kitchen use fees as well as dehydrator runs.