We revised Taproot’s startup plan in September of 2016, and we have moved the kitchen to Lopez Storage on Dill Road. This is in the facility currently to make Chicaoji Sauce, and it is already an WSDA-approved food processing facility.
We are currently developing procedures, policies and a cost structure. We welcome your input for this on this process: contact us for more information.
Current use status
- Kitchen use is by arrangement. Contact us.
- You can process food for personal consumption immediately. In fact, we’ve already dried a few hundred pounds of fruit and vegetables.
- Vendors who want to make food for retail or wholesale may begin their applications with WSDA.
- Vendors wanting to prep food for direct sale like food trucks, Farmers Market booths and caterers must wait for the upgrade.
We have a variety of equipment available for immediate use. We have more, ask us!
- Commercial dehydrator (20 shelves, ±65 pounds per load wet, maximum). Fruit leather sheets available.
- Six gallon blender
- Several table top blenders and mixers
- Steam jacketed kettle
- Five-burner electric range with oven